Tuesday, June 23, 2015

One day trip to ​Hogenakkal




"a journey is always sacred to me..!

Usually I spend a lot of time browsing about the place before my ride. But this one happened instantly at the call of my friend, Priyan & I had to oblige his request. Hogenakkal falls is located around 180 kms from the city of Bangalore. We took the road from Hosur via Rayakotai & Anjatty towards hogenakkal. At nature's grace, we were blessed with a fabulous weather during our 2 hour ride. Any day it would be a rider’s paradise, as all that is before you and with you, throughout the journey are small huts standing tiny, infront of colossal hills & mountains. It's a one way road which is bumpy throughout, making you glide swiftly, like a boat in the river.

We gathered momentum after a tea break on top of one of the hills & rode straight in to the feet of the falls. The falls as it happens to be a tourist place, as in any other tourist spot in India, was crowded & looked dirty & awful. Soon we packed up fried fishes from the place & got couple of beers & rode downwards to reach the river. We hid ourselves behind the unending small & big rocks across the river. Although my relationship with the cauvery river & its tributary named Kollidam goes long back to my childhood, seeing the river flowing in between the mountains was majestic & a spectacle in itself. I took out the beer & soaked my legs in the cold water. One of my favorite lines written by Vairamuthu about the river goes like this.

"ஓஓஓ காவேரிக்கரையில் மரமாயிருந்தால் வேருக்கு யோகமடி"
(How fortunate is the root of a tree growing on the shores of river cauvery..!)

We let the time die, amazed at the beauty of the river, as we gulped down our beer steadily. Mountains have always inspired me but this was wholly a dazzling experience of eyeing both the mountain & the river at one go. Without any surprise, I jumped in to the water for a quick swim. A one day trip it was, but the satisfaction and experience was unending. Annoyed at the sight of darkness setting in, we had no choice but to move on. And we did move on. Travelling in an awakened way......!

Everytime I leave the place, where I belonged
​In search of a new path, I have always
​been tranquilized with the beauty of woods & hills.

​​The roads are no more wide, yet
my eyes begins to feel the warmth
of the narrowness it beholds...!

Walking past our motor vehicle, were
those enthused souls, not much
tampered by the noise of human creations...!

When I take myself to the roads, I let
the cautiousness die in me..! as an
aesthetic wanderer, I find home
in the roads, in the woods & on the shores!

When life seems to be getting offtrack,
as you begin to get restless every minute,
you end up feeling exhausted often
haunted by chasing too many things, too often!

A walk on a silent pathway, seduced
by the spring flowers on the ground
with the river running steadily
in between the mountains, brings forth
the amity between mind & heart.

In the wink of an eye, it
unsettles the scores of insecurity,
and opens ourselves to us endlessly...!

I have enjoy'd, I have suffered 
But the moment of eternity shores
on the path not taken....for now
am yet to discover that path...!
























No comments:

Post a Comment