Saturday, February 11, 2012

Military Camp Experiences

My experiences of the camp at Manesar...

I arrived two days late, as i had to attend my Convocation in Chennai! A drive on the highways of Gurgaon, staring at the lined up Multinationals and glancing at their tall buildings was a treat to watch. And within an hr or so, i was at the campus of Amity University Manesar. A very stretched and Beautiful location surrounded by mountains on three sides and yellow fields on the other! Eventually i fell in love with the place!

I hurried in to one of the tents and wore my military uniform, felt Proud at the first moment~ Saw my friends coming in after an exhaustive drill, atleast they looked so. The next morning woke up, got ready for the Cross Country, its a Running Competition from one end of the campus to the other, guess it would be a kilometer or less by 100 meters. The four Platoons, composed of around 175 cadets lined up and the commander gave a Whistle. Everyone started as fast as they could, but they eventually fell in few meters. The temperature was around 4-5 degree. As i started running, my nose got frozen, and i couldn`t breathe at all, suddenly i gotta switch over to the secondary resource of breathing through the mouth, for which i paid off, i lost my energy very quickly and i was struggling, but i could see just 8 guys in front of me, so my heart beats started furiously, the commanders were cheering up along the way, and they said something in hindi, which i never understood.....i pulled on, getting past two guys, and came a sudden shock...the finishing line was just 10 meters away from me, and i realized what they meant cheering [ finishing line is near] anyway i gotta to finish at 6th which was not that bad....

the following day was occupied with mountain climbing, Rappelling and running through the obstacles, which was so adventurous to my eyes. In the evening we got to watch the border movie, which raised the spirit of the boys, yea it was patriotic and spirited. The food was so awesome, and credit has to be passed upon! And the following day, we were doing Para-sailing, one of the best moments of the camp for each one! i went in air, forgot everything in life for 10 seconds and called a name, which i loved the most in my life, guess only the mountains and the skies, would have heard it!

Seeing the whole Platoon of 45 cadets getting Punishment for the mischievous acts of me and two of my frnds, was a fun which would make smile each time i think of it! Fun, Frolic, Pain, Team Spirit, Fear and Confidence- We Certainly Learned and Unlearned a lot of things! Opening up with one of my friend [brother], which i never expected was the Best thing of the camp! We clicked snaps, packed our things, unknowingly which might have been the last tour or camp of our college life!
finally it was time to bid adieu to the wonderful moments, we spent together! A Great Experience Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment